Aug 7, 2010, 4:05 PM EST
Andrew Bailey was eligible to return from the disabled list Friday, however he told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that doctors estimated that his right intercostal strain is a 4-6 week injury. In other words, we could be looking at another 10 days to two weeks before he returns.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Bailey threw from a distance of 60 feet on Wednesday, however A’s manager Bob Geren said the outing “didn’t go as well” as they would have liked.
“I’m still feeling it a bit,” Bailey said. “I’m hoping a few days off
will help, and then I can get going and hopefully help these guys out
Bailey hasn’t pitched since July 20. The 26-year-old right-hander has a 1.56 ERA, 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 opportunities over 40 1/3 innings this season.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)