Aug 7, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
Andrew Bailey was eligible to return from the disabled list Friday, however he told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that doctors estimated that his right intercostal strain is a 4-6 week injury. In other words, we could be looking at another 10 days to two weeks before he returns.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Bailey threw from a distance of 60 feet on Wednesday, however A’s manager Bob Geren said the outing “didn’t go as well” as they would have liked.
“I’m still feeling it a bit,” Bailey said. “I’m hoping a few days off
will help, and then I can get going and hopefully help these guys out
Bailey hasn’t pitched since July 20. The 26-year-old right-hander has a 1.56 ERA, 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 opportunities over 40 1/3 innings this season.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 33
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (194)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)