Aug 7, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
Andrew Bailey was eligible to return from the disabled list Friday, however he told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that doctors estimated that his right intercostal strain is a 4-6 week injury. In other words, we could be looking at another 10 days to two weeks before he returns.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Bailey threw from a distance of 60 feet on Wednesday, however A’s manager Bob Geren said the outing “didn’t go as well” as they would have liked.
“I’m still feeling it a bit,” Bailey said. “I’m hoping a few days off
will help, and then I can get going and hopefully help these guys out
Bailey hasn’t pitched since July 20. The 26-year-old right-hander has a 1.56 ERA, 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 opportunities over 40 1/3 innings this season.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)