Aug 7, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
Andrew Bailey was eligible to return from the disabled list Friday, however he told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that doctors estimated that his right intercostal strain is a 4-6 week injury. In other words, we could be looking at another 10 days to two weeks before he returns.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Bailey threw from a distance of 60 feet on Wednesday, however A’s manager Bob Geren said the outing “didn’t go as well” as they would have liked.
“I’m still feeling it a bit,” Bailey said. “I’m hoping a few days off
will help, and then I can get going and hopefully help these guys out
Bailey hasn’t pitched since July 20. The 26-year-old right-hander has a 1.56 ERA, 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 opportunities over 40 1/3 innings this season.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)