Aug 7, 2010, 4:05 PM EST
Andrew Bailey was eligible to return from the disabled list Friday, however he told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that doctors estimated that his right intercostal strain is a 4-6 week injury. In other words, we could be looking at another 10 days to two weeks before he returns.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Bailey threw from a distance of 60 feet on Wednesday, however A’s manager Bob Geren said the outing “didn’t go as well” as they would have liked.
“I’m still feeling it a bit,” Bailey said. “I’m hoping a few days off
will help, and then I can get going and hopefully help these guys out
Bailey hasn’t pitched since July 20. The 26-year-old right-hander has a 1.56 ERA, 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 opportunities over 40 1/3 innings this season.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)