Aug 7, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
Just yesterday, Reds manager Dusty Baker raised the possibility that Aroldis Chapman would get called up to the big leagues if Russ Springer required a DL stint for a hip injury.
Springer was placed on the disabled list today, however Carlos Fisher was the one who got the call from the minors, not Chapman, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Don’t worry, we should see the Cuban left-hander soon enough, especially because they will want him to be eligible if they make the postseason. Chapman earned the save for Triple-A Louisville last night and hasn’t allowed a single run over his last 11 appearances.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (81)