Aug 7, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
Just yesterday, Reds manager Dusty Baker raised the possibility that Aroldis Chapman would get called up to the big leagues if Russ Springer required a DL stint for a hip injury.
Springer was placed on the disabled list today, however Carlos Fisher was the one who got the call from the minors, not Chapman, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Don’t worry, we should see the Cuban left-hander soon enough, especially because they will want him to be eligible if they make the postseason. Chapman earned the save for Triple-A Louisville last night and hasn’t allowed a single run over his last 11 appearances.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)