Aug 7, 2010, 10:10 AM EST
Just yesterday, Reds manager Dusty Baker raised the possibility that Aroldis Chapman would get called up to the big leagues if Russ Springer required a DL stint for a hip injury.
Springer was placed on the disabled list today, however Carlos Fisher was the one who got the call from the minors, not Chapman, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Don’t worry, we should see the Cuban left-hander soon enough, especially because they will want him to be eligible if they make the postseason. Chapman earned the save for Triple-A Louisville last night and hasn’t allowed a single run over his last 11 appearances.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 344
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (344)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)