Aug 7, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
Just yesterday, Reds manager Dusty Baker raised the possibility that Aroldis Chapman would get called up to the big leagues if Russ Springer required a DL stint for a hip injury.
Springer was placed on the disabled list today, however Carlos Fisher was the one who got the call from the minors, not Chapman, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Don’t worry, we should see the Cuban left-hander soon enough, especially because they will want him to be eligible if they make the postseason. Chapman earned the save for Triple-A Louisville last night and hasn’t allowed a single run over his last 11 appearances.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)