Aug 7, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
Just yesterday, Reds manager Dusty Baker raised the possibility that Aroldis Chapman would get called up to the big leagues if Russ Springer required a DL stint for a hip injury.
Springer was placed on the disabled list today, however Carlos Fisher was the one who got the call from the minors, not Chapman, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Don’t worry, we should see the Cuban left-hander soon enough, especially because they will want him to be eligible if they make the postseason. Chapman earned the save for Triple-A Louisville last night and hasn’t allowed a single run over his last 11 appearances.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 65
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)