Aug 7, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
Way to kick the Rays when they are down, baseball gods.
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Jeff Niemann was scratched from Sunday’s start against the Blue Jays due to shoulder soreness. Andy Sonnanstine will be activated from the disabled list to start in his place.
Niemann is only expected to miss one start, but that’s obviously subject to change.
The 27-year-old right-hander is 10-3 with a 3.12 ERA and 1.17 WHIP over 22 starts this season.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 61
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)