Aug 7, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
Way to kick the Rays when they are down, baseball gods.
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Jeff Niemann was scratched from Sunday’s start against the Blue Jays due to shoulder soreness. Andy Sonnanstine will be activated from the disabled list to start in his place.
Niemann is only expected to miss one start, but that’s obviously subject to change.
The 27-year-old right-hander is 10-3 with a 3.12 ERA and 1.17 WHIP over 22 starts this season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)