Aug 7, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
Way to kick the Rays when they are down, baseball gods.
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Jeff Niemann was scratched from Sunday’s start against the Blue Jays due to shoulder soreness. Andy Sonnanstine will be activated from the disabled list to start in his place.
Niemann is only expected to miss one start, but that’s obviously subject to change.
The 27-year-old right-hander is 10-3 with a 3.12 ERA and 1.17 WHIP over 22 starts this season.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)