Aug 7, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
Way to kick the Rays when they are down, baseball gods.
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Jeff Niemann was scratched from Sunday’s start against the Blue Jays due to shoulder soreness. Andy Sonnanstine will be activated from the disabled list to start in his place.
Niemann is only expected to miss one start, but that’s obviously subject to change.
The 27-year-old right-hander is 10-3 with a 3.12 ERA and 1.17 WHIP over 22 starts this season.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 4
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 52
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)