Aug 7, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the Rangers are “getting much trade interest” in Chris Davis.
Davis was sent back to the minors late last month and has a meager .188/.265/.267 batting line with zero homers in 101 major league at-bats this season, however the 24-year-old first baseman is batting .355/.409/.552 with 10 homers and 63 RBI with Triple-A Oklahoma City. He is 6-for-16 (.375) with seven RBI in five games since his demotion.
The Red Sox are just one of the teams that have shown interest in Davis, however he is highly unlikely to pass through waivers this month. In turn, Sullivan believes he could be a potential trade candidate during the offseason if Mitch Moreland convinces the Rangers that he can be their everyday first baseman. The 24-year-old Moreland is 7-for-21 (.333) with one RBI since being called up from Triple-A Oklahoma City on July 29.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)