Aug 9, 2010, 10:40 AM EST
Torii Hunter on moving to right field to make way for Peter Bourjos:
“Kirby did the same thing for me, he moved to
right field to make room for me in center field,” Hunter said.
“[Bourjos] is a great kid. He’s 23 years old, he can run, so let him
run. With that kind of speed, I’ll work with him. My job, like Kirby’s
job, was to help the next guy coming along. And my job is to help us win
Kirby Puckett’s final major league game: September 28, 1995
Torii Hunter’s first major league game: August 22, 1997
The immortal who moved off center for Hunter was Rich Becker. Point is taken, though.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)