Aug 9, 2010, 10:40 AM EDT
Torii Hunter on moving to right field to make way for Peter Bourjos:
“Kirby did the same thing for me, he moved to
right field to make room for me in center field,” Hunter said.
“[Bourjos] is a great kid. He’s 23 years old, he can run, so let him
run. With that kind of speed, I’ll work with him. My job, like Kirby’s
job, was to help the next guy coming along. And my job is to help us win
Kirby Puckett’s final major league game: September 28, 1995
Torii Hunter’s first major league game: August 22, 1997
The immortal who moved off center for Hunter was Rich Becker. Point is taken, though.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)