Aug 9, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
From leadoff last night to last for today’s tilt against the Yankees: Jacoby Ellsbury will bat ninth reports Gordon Edes.
Ellsbury is 0 for 16 since coming off the DL. I’m sure there’s some considerable rust there and, in the grand scheme of things, 16 at bats isn’t a lot. But given the hype and controversy that has surrounded Ellsbury’s injuries this year, you have to think that he’s dying to break out of the funk.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 46
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)