Aug 9, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
From leadoff last night to last for today’s tilt against the Yankees: Jacoby Ellsbury will bat ninth reports Gordon Edes.
Ellsbury is 0 for 16 since coming off the DL. I’m sure there’s some considerable rust there and, in the grand scheme of things, 16 at bats isn’t a lot. But given the hype and controversy that has surrounded Ellsbury’s injuries this year, you have to think that he’s dying to break out of the funk.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 50
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 27
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)