Aug 9, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
From leadoff last night to last for today’s tilt against the Yankees: Jacoby Ellsbury will bat ninth reports Gordon Edes.
Ellsbury is 0 for 16 since coming off the DL. I’m sure there’s some considerable rust there and, in the grand scheme of things, 16 at bats isn’t a lot. But given the hype and controversy that has surrounded Ellsbury’s injuries this year, you have to think that he’s dying to break out of the funk.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (235)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)