Programming Note: punting the power rankings until tomorrow

Aug 9, 2010, 12:49 PM EDT

Due to a mis-measurement of the unobtanium extract I use in the intricate, scientific formulation of my weekly Power Rankings, they will unfortunately be delayed until tomorrow, when they will go by their alias “Your Tuesday Afternoon Power Rankings.”

In the meantime, we can use this thread to take bets on which team I will disrespect the most.  Given my personal biases, and given that many of my co-workers are Phillies and Mets fans, you may be able to guess.

1. YankeesfanLen - Aug 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM

If you use Gator’s “cosmic eliminator” you can’t go wrong.

2. Trevor B - Aug 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM

My guess will be less hate on the Phils this week, less hate on the Orioles, less hate on the Bucs… meaning all that leftover hate will land solely on the Mets.

3. Infinite Wisdom - Aug 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Great. My entire Monday is ruined by your procrastination.
    I’ll start the rankings:
    #1 – Yankees – No explanation needed.

4. Jonny5 - Aug 9, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Craig is too scared to disrespect the Phillies right now. His disrespect may cause a ripple effect in which the Phills surge right to the top. Be afraid, Craig, be very afraid…… :>P

5. Ditto65 - Aug 9, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Oh crap. Now what will we do? Really, do you have any ideas? Anyone?

6. Simon DelMonte - Aug 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM

The big question is, who’s #2? Do the Rays fall from grace on paper as well in the park?

7. Proudly Canadian - Aug 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM

It had better not be the red hot Blue Jays.

8. grapes911 - Aug 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Lets just put the season on hold for a day or so. No way we can let teams play today. It might affect the rankings.

9. Infinite Wisdom - Aug 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I would just like someone to explain to me why Arencibia was benched a day after going 4-5 with 2 HRs.. Way to maintain momentum.. Enjoy perennially finishing in 4th place.

10. Infinite Wisdom - Aug 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Rays should stay at 2.. They are going to be on the Yankees’ heels all season. If Niemann and Davis come back healthy, the Rays are going to get it together.

11. Brian - Aug 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Morrow and Jose Molina have been a set battery for the past few months.
    And, on any other day, I’d agree with you that using that as a justification to play a Molina (any of them) over a club’s top catching prospect is the definition of insane. But: 17 strikeouts and 8.2 innings of no-hit ball.

12. Infinite Wisdom - Aug 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Ah.. That makes perfect sense. Can’t argue with the results, I suppose. Thanks.

13. keg64 - Aug 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

If you have my Cubs anywhere in the top 30, you need to switch from Unobtanium to Haventseenenuffofum. But Hey! At least DLee can’t decline free agency! We haven’t seen this kind of leadership since Ted Turner manged the Braves.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. R. Castillo (3595)