Aug 9, 2010, 3:08 PM EST
ESPN 710 in Seattle is reporting that the Mariners have fired manager Don Wakamatsu. Additional sources are reporting that bench coach Ty van Burkleo and pitching coach Rick Adair have been let go as well.
Jon Paul Morosi just reported that AAA manager Daren Brown has been promoted and will be the Mariners interim manager. Brown is now the fifth different man to manage the team in the past four seasons.
It’s been a miserable year in Seattle, with both an underperforming team and multiple instances of clubhouse strife and reports of battles between the coaching staff and the front office. A mere five days ago Wakamatsu was given a vote of confidence. I was apparently correct in thinking that it was “dreaded.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)