Aug 9, 2010, 3:08 PM EST
ESPN 710 in Seattle is reporting that the Mariners have fired manager Don Wakamatsu. Additional sources are reporting that bench coach Ty van Burkleo and pitching coach Rick Adair have been let go as well.
Jon Paul Morosi just reported that AAA manager Daren Brown has been promoted and will be the Mariners interim manager. Brown is now the fifth different man to manage the team in the past four seasons.
It’s been a miserable year in Seattle, with both an underperforming team and multiple instances of clubhouse strife and reports of battles between the coaching staff and the front office. A mere five days ago Wakamatsu was given a vote of confidence. I was apparently correct in thinking that it was “dreaded.”
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 26
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 75
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)