Aug 9, 2010, 10:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: Haudricourt writes that Braun is currently wearing a splint in the dugout and speculates that he is probably “more than day-to-day.”
9:48 PM: According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Braun was diagnosed with a left wrist strain and contusion. He is currently listed as day-to-day.
7:45 PM: Ryan Braun is out of the starting lineup for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks due to a sore left wrist, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Braun suffered the injury when he was clipped by Houston’s Brett Wallace at first base during the fourth inning of Sunday’s game.
Braun is currently receiving X-rays on the wrist, according to Schelling, so we should learn more about the severity of the injury rather quickly. Joe Inglett is starting in his place tonight.
It’s unfortunate timing, as Braun was named the National League’s Player of the Week earlier today for batting .538 (14-for-26) with five RBI in six games last week. It was a tremendous week for him, however all 14 hits were singles. Consistent with a season-long power outage, Braun has a disappointing 16 homers through 442 at-bats.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)