Aug 9, 2010, 10:01 PM EST
UPDATE: Haudricourt writes that Braun is currently wearing a splint in the dugout and speculates that he is probably “more than day-to-day.”
9:48 PM: According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Braun was diagnosed with a left wrist strain and contusion. He is currently listed as day-to-day.
7:45 PM: Ryan Braun is out of the starting lineup for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks due to a sore left wrist, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Braun suffered the injury when he was clipped by Houston’s Brett Wallace at first base during the fourth inning of Sunday’s game.
Braun is currently receiving X-rays on the wrist, according to Schelling, so we should learn more about the severity of the injury rather quickly. Joe Inglett is starting in his place tonight.
It’s unfortunate timing, as Braun was named the National League’s Player of the Week earlier today for batting .538 (14-for-26) with five RBI in six games last week. It was a tremendous week for him, however all 14 hits were singles. Consistent with a season-long power outage, Braun has a disappointing 16 homers through 442 at-bats.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)