Aug 9, 2010, 10:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: Haudricourt writes that Braun is currently wearing a splint in the dugout and speculates that he is probably “more than day-to-day.”
9:48 PM: According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Braun was diagnosed with a left wrist strain and contusion. He is currently listed as day-to-day.
7:45 PM: Ryan Braun is out of the starting lineup for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks due to a sore left wrist, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Braun suffered the injury when he was clipped by Houston’s Brett Wallace at first base during the fourth inning of Sunday’s game.
Braun is currently receiving X-rays on the wrist, according to Schelling, so we should learn more about the severity of the injury rather quickly. Joe Inglett is starting in his place tonight.
It’s unfortunate timing, as Braun was named the National League’s Player of the Week earlier today for batting .538 (14-for-26) with five RBI in six games last week. It was a tremendous week for him, however all 14 hits were singles. Consistent with a season-long power outage, Braun has a disappointing 16 homers through 442 at-bats.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)