Aug 9, 2010, 10:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: Haudricourt writes that Braun is currently wearing a splint in the dugout and speculates that he is probably “more than day-to-day.”
9:48 PM: According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Braun was diagnosed with a left wrist strain and contusion. He is currently listed as day-to-day.
7:45 PM: Ryan Braun is out of the starting lineup for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks due to a sore left wrist, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Braun suffered the injury when he was clipped by Houston’s Brett Wallace at first base during the fourth inning of Sunday’s game.
Braun is currently receiving X-rays on the wrist, according to Schelling, so we should learn more about the severity of the injury rather quickly. Joe Inglett is starting in his place tonight.
It’s unfortunate timing, as Braun was named the National League’s Player of the Week earlier today for batting .538 (14-for-26) with five RBI in six games last week. It was a tremendous week for him, however all 14 hits were singles. Consistent with a season-long power outage, Braun has a disappointing 16 homers through 442 at-bats.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)