Aug 9, 2010, 10:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: Haudricourt writes that Braun is currently wearing a splint in the dugout and speculates that he is probably “more than day-to-day.”
9:48 PM: According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Braun was diagnosed with a left wrist strain and contusion. He is currently listed as day-to-day.
7:45 PM: Ryan Braun is out of the starting lineup for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks due to a sore left wrist, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Braun suffered the injury when he was clipped by Houston’s Brett Wallace at first base during the fourth inning of Sunday’s game.
Braun is currently receiving X-rays on the wrist, according to Schelling, so we should learn more about the severity of the injury rather quickly. Joe Inglett is starting in his place tonight.
It’s unfortunate timing, as Braun was named the National League’s Player of the Week earlier today for batting .538 (14-for-26) with five RBI in six games last week. It was a tremendous week for him, however all 14 hits were singles. Consistent with a season-long power outage, Braun has a disappointing 16 homers through 442 at-bats.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)