Aug 9, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
I hope you’re sitting down for this, but Eric Chavez is thinking hard about retiring:
“I’ve pondered retirement. I’d lie if I said I didn’t.
The truth of the matter is that I don’t know what I’m going to do . . . I’d love to come back and play the last month of the season with the
team. I just don’t know if that’s going to happen, but it would mean the
world to me to be in uniform when the season ends. Either way, I’ll be
in Oakland one way or the other, to come back and play, or to say
That came in an email to the San Francisco Chronicle. Word on the street is that Chavez dislocated his index finger as he clicked “send.” He’ll have and MRI tomorrow after which time it will be determined if surgery is necessary.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona