Aug 9, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
OK, maybe not. It’s a slow Monday night and I’m pretty bored.
Still, Adam LaRoche tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he would like to get an opportunity to pitch.
“The only thing I can promise you is, if a position player gets to
pitch, it will be me,” he said. “We’ll have a fight on the mound if
somebody else is out there.”
Don’t laugh. Remember, his father, Dave LaRoche, posted a 3.53 ERA in parts of 14 major league seasons. Also, Adam was a pitcher/first baseman coming out of Seminole Junior College in Oklahoma.
Besides, with a bullpen that entered play Monday with a major-league worst 6.45 ERA, he’d probably be an improvement.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 18
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)