Aug 9, 2010, 11:01 PM EST
OK, maybe not. It’s a slow Monday night and I’m pretty bored.
Still, Adam LaRoche tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he would like to get an opportunity to pitch.
“The only thing I can promise you is, if a position player gets to
pitch, it will be me,” he said. “We’ll have a fight on the mound if
somebody else is out there.”
Don’t laugh. Remember, his father, Dave LaRoche, posted a 3.53 ERA in parts of 14 major league seasons. Also, Adam was a pitcher/first baseman coming out of Seminole Junior College in Oklahoma.
Besides, with a bullpen that entered play Monday with a major-league worst 6.45 ERA, he’d probably be an improvement.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (124)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)