Aug 9, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
OK, maybe not. It’s a slow Monday night and I’m pretty bored.
Still, Adam LaRoche tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he would like to get an opportunity to pitch.
“The only thing I can promise you is, if a position player gets to
pitch, it will be me,” he said. “We’ll have a fight on the mound if
somebody else is out there.”
Don’t laugh. Remember, his father, Dave LaRoche, posted a 3.53 ERA in parts of 14 major league seasons. Also, Adam was a pitcher/first baseman coming out of Seminole Junior College in Oklahoma.
Besides, with a bullpen that entered play Monday with a major-league worst 6.45 ERA, he’d probably be an improvement.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 12
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 23
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 25
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)