Aug 9, 2010, 11:01 PM EST
OK, maybe not. It’s a slow Monday night and I’m pretty bored.
Still, Adam LaRoche tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he would like to get an opportunity to pitch.
“The only thing I can promise you is, if a position player gets to
pitch, it will be me,” he said. “We’ll have a fight on the mound if
somebody else is out there.”
Don’t laugh. Remember, his father, Dave LaRoche, posted a 3.53 ERA in parts of 14 major league seasons. Also, Adam was a pitcher/first baseman coming out of Seminole Junior College in Oklahoma.
Besides, with a bullpen that entered play Monday with a major-league worst 6.45 ERA, he’d probably be an improvement.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)