Aug 9, 2010, 11:01 PM EST
OK, maybe not. It’s a slow Monday night and I’m pretty bored.
Still, Adam LaRoche tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he would like to get an opportunity to pitch.
“The only thing I can promise you is, if a position player gets to
pitch, it will be me,” he said. “We’ll have a fight on the mound if
somebody else is out there.”
Don’t laugh. Remember, his father, Dave LaRoche, posted a 3.53 ERA in parts of 14 major league seasons. Also, Adam was a pitcher/first baseman coming out of Seminole Junior College in Oklahoma.
Besides, with a bullpen that entered play Monday with a major-league worst 6.45 ERA, he’d probably be an improvement.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)