Aug 9, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Edmonds trade aside, it’s a pretty slow day in baseball land, so I offer up a link to Joe Posnanski’s post in which he tries to figure out who the worst position player in baseball is this year. He goes over a long list of candidates, discussing their lack of merits, but he settles on Carlos Lee.
Harumph. Apparently Mr. Posnanski didn’t notice that Lee has played some first base recently, which must be raising his WARs and VORPs and FARKs and FUBARs way above a bunch of other guys. He also apparently hasn’t noticed that Lee is not Alex Rodriguez, and thus isn’t history’s greatest monster.
But for that it’s a fabulous list.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 8
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 59
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)