Aug 9, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Edmonds trade aside, it’s a pretty slow day in baseball land, so I offer up a link to Joe Posnanski’s post in which he tries to figure out who the worst position player in baseball is this year. He goes over a long list of candidates, discussing their lack of merits, but he settles on Carlos Lee.
Harumph. Apparently Mr. Posnanski didn’t notice that Lee has played some first base recently, which must be raising his WARs and VORPs and FARKs and FUBARs way above a bunch of other guys. He also apparently hasn’t noticed that Lee is not Alex Rodriguez, and thus isn’t history’s greatest monster.
But for that it’s a fabulous list.
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (135)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)