Aug 9, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Edmonds trade aside, it’s a pretty slow day in baseball land, so I offer up a link to Joe Posnanski’s post in which he tries to figure out who the worst position player in baseball is this year. He goes over a long list of candidates, discussing their lack of merits, but he settles on Carlos Lee.
Harumph. Apparently Mr. Posnanski didn’t notice that Lee has played some first base recently, which must be raising his WARs and VORPs and FARKs and FUBARs way above a bunch of other guys. He also apparently hasn’t noticed that Lee is not Alex Rodriguez, and thus isn’t history’s greatest monster.
But for that it’s a fabulous list.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?