Aug 9, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Edmonds trade aside, it’s a pretty slow day in baseball land, so I offer up a link to Joe Posnanski’s post in which he tries to figure out who the worst position player in baseball is this year. He goes over a long list of candidates, discussing their lack of merits, but he settles on Carlos Lee.
Harumph. Apparently Mr. Posnanski didn’t notice that Lee has played some first base recently, which must be raising his WARs and VORPs and FARKs and FUBARs way above a bunch of other guys. He also apparently hasn’t noticed that Lee is not Alex Rodriguez, and thus isn’t history’s greatest monster.
But for that it’s a fabulous list.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 7
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)