Aug 9, 2010, 2:39 PM EST
Edmonds trade aside, it’s a pretty slow day in baseball land, so I offer up a link to Joe Posnanski’s post in which he tries to figure out who the worst position player in baseball is this year. He goes over a long list of candidates, discussing their lack of merits, but he settles on Carlos Lee.
Harumph. Apparently Mr. Posnanski didn’t notice that Lee has played some first base recently, which must be raising his WARs and VORPs and FARKs and FUBARs way above a bunch of other guys. He also apparently hasn’t noticed that Lee is not Alex Rodriguez, and thus isn’t history’s greatest monster.
But for that it’s a fabulous list.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)