Aug 10, 2010, 11:14 AM EDT
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Red Sox last week, Carlos Delgado made his Triple-A debut last night and went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
Some interesting notes from his first Triple-A game since 2004 …
* Pawtucket was playing the Yankees’ affiliate and lost on a walk-off homer by stud prospect Jesus Montero.
* Delgado faced left-hander Kei Igawa for all three of his at-bats.
* According to the Providence Journal he hit a fly out that reached the warning track.
* Delgado batted cleanup and played designated hitter before being removed for a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning.
* Former big leaguer Rich Hill started for the PawSox, tossing five shutout innings.
* And, based on the reported terms of his contract, Delgado earned about $700.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)