Aug 10, 2010, 11:14 AM EDT
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Red Sox last week, Carlos Delgado made his Triple-A debut last night and went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
Some interesting notes from his first Triple-A game since 2004 …
* Pawtucket was playing the Yankees’ affiliate and lost on a walk-off homer by stud prospect Jesus Montero.
* Delgado faced left-hander Kei Igawa for all three of his at-bats.
* According to the Providence Journal he hit a fly out that reached the warning track.
* Delgado batted cleanup and played designated hitter before being removed for a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning.
* Former big leaguer Rich Hill started for the PawSox, tossing five shutout innings.
* And, based on the reported terms of his contract, Delgado earned about $700.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)