Aug 10, 2010, 11:14 AM EDT
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Red Sox last week, Carlos Delgado made his Triple-A debut last night and went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
Some interesting notes from his first Triple-A game since 2004 …
* Pawtucket was playing the Yankees’ affiliate and lost on a walk-off homer by stud prospect Jesus Montero.
* Delgado faced left-hander Kei Igawa for all three of his at-bats.
* According to the Providence Journal he hit a fly out that reached the warning track.
* Delgado batted cleanup and played designated hitter before being removed for a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning.
* Former big leaguer Rich Hill started for the PawSox, tossing five shutout innings.
* And, based on the reported terms of his contract, Delgado earned about $700.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)