Aug 10, 2010, 11:14 AM EDT
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Red Sox last week, Carlos Delgado made his Triple-A debut last night and went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
Some interesting notes from his first Triple-A game since 2004 …
* Pawtucket was playing the Yankees’ affiliate and lost on a walk-off homer by stud prospect Jesus Montero.
* Delgado faced left-hander Kei Igawa for all three of his at-bats.
* According to the Providence Journal he hit a fly out that reached the warning track.
* Delgado batted cleanup and played designated hitter before being removed for a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning.
* Former big leaguer Rich Hill started for the PawSox, tossing five shutout innings.
* And, based on the reported terms of his contract, Delgado earned about $700.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)