Aug 10, 2010, 11:14 AM EDT
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Red Sox last week, Carlos Delgado made his Triple-A debut last night and went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
Some interesting notes from his first Triple-A game since 2004 …
* Pawtucket was playing the Yankees’ affiliate and lost on a walk-off homer by stud prospect Jesus Montero.
* Delgado faced left-hander Kei Igawa for all three of his at-bats.
* According to the Providence Journal he hit a fly out that reached the warning track.
* Delgado batted cleanup and played designated hitter before being removed for a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning.
* Former big leaguer Rich Hill started for the PawSox, tossing five shutout innings.
* And, based on the reported terms of his contract, Delgado earned about $700.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)