Aug 10, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
This from reader CG in the Mark Teixeria’s-wife-is-having-a-baby-thread:
Fun fact: CC and his wife had a baby a few days ago. Teixeira and his wife are having a baby any day now. Around 9 months ago the Yanks won the World Series.
You know what he’s saying, right? I mean, I don’t have to spell it out for you, do I? Fine, I will: The Yankees are so phat with money that they’re now giving players live human children as World Series bonuses!
Is there nothing Hal Steinbrenner can’t buy?!!!
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 19
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 46
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 22
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)