Aug 10, 2010, 4:48 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia worked out in Toronto prior to tonight’s game against the Blue Jays and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that he’s now “on track to rejoin the Red Sox one week from today.”
Here’s more from Abraham:
He will start running the bases tomorrow and is scheduled for an exam on Friday back in Boston. If cleared, he would play rehab games on Saturday and Sunday and play for the Sox on Tuesday at home against the Angels.
Pedroia was initially given a 4-6 week recovery timetable after fracturing his left foot on June 25 and a Tuesday return would get him back in the lineup 52 days later. Jed Lowrie and Bill Hall have been splitting time at second base filling in for Pedroia and the Red Sox are 20-18 without him in the lineup.
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators