Aug 10, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
Jason Bay said yesterday that he “absolutely” plans to play again this season, adding that “my head is getting better” following his July 23 concussion.
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that Bay’s headaches have subsided but he continues to experience nausea.
Fernando Martinez was called up from Triple-A over the weekend and played left field Sunday, with Angel Pagan moving to right field and Jeff Francoeuer returning to the bench. Martinez playing well could leave the Mets with an outfield jogjam down the stretch, but between Bay’s uncertain status and Carlos Beltran’s balky knee that’s obviously not worth worrying about now.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)