Aug 10, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
Jason Bay said yesterday that he “absolutely” plans to play again this season, adding that “my head is getting better” following his July 23 concussion.
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that Bay’s headaches have subsided but he continues to experience nausea.
Fernando Martinez was called up from Triple-A over the weekend and played left field Sunday, with Angel Pagan moving to right field and Jeff Francoeuer returning to the bench. Martinez playing well could leave the Mets with an outfield jogjam down the stretch, but between Bay’s uncertain status and Carlos Beltran’s balky knee that’s obviously not worth worrying about now.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)