Aug 10, 2010, 2:17 PM EST
Jason Bay said yesterday that he “absolutely” plans to play again this season, adding that “my head is getting better” following his July 23 concussion.
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that Bay’s headaches have subsided but he continues to experience nausea.
Fernando Martinez was called up from Triple-A over the weekend and played left field Sunday, with Angel Pagan moving to right field and Jeff Francoeuer returning to the bench. Martinez playing well could leave the Mets with an outfield jogjam down the stretch, but between Bay’s uncertain status and Carlos Beltran’s balky knee that’s obviously not worth worrying about now.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)