Aug 10, 2010, 2:17 PM EST
Jason Bay said yesterday that he “absolutely” plans to play again this season, adding that “my head is getting better” following his July 23 concussion.
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that Bay’s headaches have subsided but he continues to experience nausea.
Fernando Martinez was called up from Triple-A over the weekend and played left field Sunday, with Angel Pagan moving to right field and Jeff Francoeuer returning to the bench. Martinez playing well could leave the Mets with an outfield jogjam down the stretch, but between Bay’s uncertain status and Carlos Beltran’s balky knee that’s obviously not worth worrying about now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)