Aug 10, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
Jason Bay said yesterday that he “absolutely” plans to play again this season, adding that “my head is getting better” following his July 23 concussion.
Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that Bay’s headaches have subsided but he continues to experience nausea.
Fernando Martinez was called up from Triple-A over the weekend and played left field Sunday, with Angel Pagan moving to right field and Jeff Francoeuer returning to the bench. Martinez playing well could leave the Mets with an outfield jogjam down the stretch, but between Bay’s uncertain status and Carlos Beltran’s balky knee that’s obviously not worth worrying about now.
- Cliff Lee exits start with apparent arm injury 5
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 127
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (127)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)