Aug 10, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Jason Heyward was a late scratch from Tuesday’s game against the Astros due to a sore right knee, according to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Craig weeps.
A team official tells O’Brien there’s no word on when the injury occurred, though it is worth mentioning that he turned 21 yesterday. Just sayin. I’m guessing we’ll hear more about his status after the game.
As our own Aaron Gleeman mentioned earlier, Heyward finally snapped a 31-game homerless streak on Monday night. Despite the lack of power, the young phenom has batted .292/.406/.438 since returning from a left thumb injury.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)