Aug 10, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Jason Heyward was a late scratch from Tuesday’s game against the Astros due to a sore right knee, according to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Craig weeps.
A team official tells O’Brien there’s no word on when the injury occurred, though it is worth mentioning that he turned 21 yesterday. Just sayin. I’m guessing we’ll hear more about his status after the game.
As our own Aaron Gleeman mentioned earlier, Heyward finally snapped a 31-game homerless streak on Monday night. Despite the lack of power, the young phenom has batted .292/.406/.438 since returning from a left thumb injury.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 15
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 36
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)