Aug 10, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Jason Heyward was a late scratch from Tuesday’s game against the Astros due to a sore right knee, according to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Craig weeps.
A team official tells O’Brien there’s no word on when the injury occurred, though it is worth mentioning that he turned 21 yesterday. Just sayin. I’m guessing we’ll hear more about his status after the game.
As our own Aaron Gleeman mentioned earlier, Heyward finally snapped a 31-game homerless streak on Monday night. Despite the lack of power, the young phenom has batted .292/.406/.438 since returning from a left thumb injury.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)