Aug 10, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Jason Heyward was a late scratch from Tuesday’s game against the Astros due to a sore right knee, according to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Craig weeps.
A team official tells O’Brien there’s no word on when the injury occurred, though it is worth mentioning that he turned 21 yesterday. Just sayin. I’m guessing we’ll hear more about his status after the game.
As our own Aaron Gleeman mentioned earlier, Heyward finally snapped a 31-game homerless streak on Monday night. Despite the lack of power, the young phenom has batted .292/.406/.438 since returning from a left thumb injury.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 1
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 33
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)