Aug 10, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Jason Heyward was a late scratch from Tuesday’s game against the Astros due to a sore right knee, according to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Craig weeps.
A team official tells O’Brien there’s no word on when the injury occurred, though it is worth mentioning that he turned 21 yesterday. Just sayin. I’m guessing we’ll hear more about his status after the game.
As our own Aaron Gleeman mentioned earlier, Heyward finally snapped a 31-game homerless streak on Monday night. Despite the lack of power, the young phenom has batted .292/.406/.438 since returning from a left thumb injury.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 41
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 58
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)