Aug 10, 2010, 12:48 PM EST
Mark Teixeira was not on the Yankees’ team flight to Texas yesterday and could miss the two-game series against the Rangers that begins tonight to be with his pregnant wife.
Teixeira’s wife is scheduled to give birth at some point today, so it’s possible but unlikely he could rejoin the team in time to face C.J. Wilson and the Rangers at 8:05 p.m. ET tonight.
If he doesn’t make it back in time Lance Berkman will likely fill in. As he does seemingly every season Teixeira has followed up a poor April by hitting .287/.384/.557 with 24 homers and 76 RBIs in 89 games since May 1.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 39
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (115)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)