Aug 10, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Mark Teixeira was not on the Yankees’ team flight to Texas yesterday and could miss the two-game series against the Rangers that begins tonight to be with his pregnant wife.
Teixeira’s wife is scheduled to give birth at some point today, so it’s possible but unlikely he could rejoin the team in time to face C.J. Wilson and the Rangers at 8:05 p.m. ET tonight.
If he doesn’t make it back in time Lance Berkman will likely fill in. As he does seemingly every season Teixeira has followed up a poor April by hitting .287/.384/.557 with 24 homers and 76 RBIs in 89 games since May 1.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)