Aug 10, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Mark Teixeira was not on the Yankees’ team flight to Texas yesterday and could miss the two-game series against the Rangers that begins tonight to be with his pregnant wife.
Teixeira’s wife is scheduled to give birth at some point today, so it’s possible but unlikely he could rejoin the team in time to face C.J. Wilson and the Rangers at 8:05 p.m. ET tonight.
If he doesn’t make it back in time Lance Berkman will likely fill in. As he does seemingly every season Teixeira has followed up a poor April by hitting .287/.384/.557 with 24 homers and 76 RBIs in 89 games since May 1.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 1
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 67
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)