Aug 10, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the “Dodgers have strong interest in Jose Guillen, but for a part-time role.”
Guillen was designated for assignment by the Royals last week, so Rojas speculates that the Dodgers may simply wait for him to get released and become a free agent before making a play for him.
Previous reports suggested the Giants may also be interested in Guillen, whose reputation definitely outweighs his production at this point. Not only is his .255/.314/.429 overall line terrible for a poor defensive corner outfielder, he’s hit just .240/.307/.375 in 83 games since May 1.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)