Aug 10, 2010, 3:46 PM EST
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the “Dodgers have strong interest in Jose Guillen, but for a part-time role.”
Guillen was designated for assignment by the Royals last week, so Rojas speculates that the Dodgers may simply wait for him to get released and become a free agent before making a play for him.
Previous reports suggested the Giants may also be interested in Guillen, whose reputation definitely outweighs his production at this point. Not only is his .255/.314/.429 overall line terrible for a poor defensive corner outfielder, he’s hit just .240/.307/.375 in 83 games since May 1.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)