Aug 10, 2010, 3:46 PM EST
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the “Dodgers have strong interest in Jose Guillen, but for a part-time role.”
Guillen was designated for assignment by the Royals last week, so Rojas speculates that the Dodgers may simply wait for him to get released and become a free agent before making a play for him.
Previous reports suggested the Giants may also be interested in Guillen, whose reputation definitely outweighs his production at this point. Not only is his .255/.314/.429 overall line terrible for a poor defensive corner outfielder, he’s hit just .240/.307/.375 in 83 games since May 1.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)