Aug 10, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the “Dodgers have strong interest in Jose Guillen, but for a part-time role.”
Guillen was designated for assignment by the Royals last week, so Rojas speculates that the Dodgers may simply wait for him to get released and become a free agent before making a play for him.
Previous reports suggested the Giants may also be interested in Guillen, whose reputation definitely outweighs his production at this point. Not only is his .255/.314/.429 overall line terrible for a poor defensive corner outfielder, he’s hit just .240/.307/.375 in 83 games since May 1.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45