Aug 10, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the “Dodgers have strong interest in Jose Guillen, but for a part-time role.”
Guillen was designated for assignment by the Royals last week, so Rojas speculates that the Dodgers may simply wait for him to get released and become a free agent before making a play for him.
Previous reports suggested the Giants may also be interested in Guillen, whose reputation definitely outweighs his production at this point. Not only is his .255/.314/.429 overall line terrible for a poor defensive corner outfielder, he’s hit just .240/.307/.375 in 83 games since May 1.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)