Aug 10, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
After missing the past two weeks with shoulder soreness Stephen Strasburg has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against Anibal Sanchez and the Marlins.
He previously shut out Florida for six innings on July 16 and was 5-2 with a 2.32 ERA and 75/15 K/BB ratio in 52.1 innings overall before landing on the DL.
In other Nationals rotation news, Luis Atilano underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow and will miss the remainder of the season. His rookie year is over at 6-7 with a 5.15 ERA and 40/32 K/BB ratio in 85.2 innings, and the 25-year-old right-hander may have trouble securing a rotation spot in 2011.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 42
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29