Aug 10, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
After missing the past two weeks with shoulder soreness Stephen Strasburg has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against Anibal Sanchez and the Marlins.
He previously shut out Florida for six innings on July 16 and was 5-2 with a 2.32 ERA and 75/15 K/BB ratio in 52.1 innings overall before landing on the DL.
In other Nationals rotation news, Luis Atilano underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow and will miss the remainder of the season. His rookie year is over at 6-7 with a 5.15 ERA and 40/32 K/BB ratio in 85.2 innings, and the 25-year-old right-hander may have trouble securing a rotation spot in 2011.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 44
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 27
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)