Aug 10, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
After missing the past two weeks with shoulder soreness Stephen Strasburg has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against Anibal Sanchez and the Marlins.
He previously shut out Florida for six innings on July 16 and was 5-2 with a 2.32 ERA and 75/15 K/BB ratio in 52.1 innings overall before landing on the DL.
In other Nationals rotation news, Luis Atilano underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow and will miss the remainder of the season. His rookie year is over at 6-7 with a 5.15 ERA and 40/32 K/BB ratio in 85.2 innings, and the 25-year-old right-hander may have trouble securing a rotation spot in 2011.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)