Aug 10, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
After missing the past two weeks with shoulder soreness Stephen Strasburg has been activated from the disabled list and will start tonight against Anibal Sanchez and the Marlins.
He previously shut out Florida for six innings on July 16 and was 5-2 with a 2.32 ERA and 75/15 K/BB ratio in 52.1 innings overall before landing on the DL.
In other Nationals rotation news, Luis Atilano underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow and will miss the remainder of the season. His rookie year is over at 6-7 with a 5.15 ERA and 40/32 K/BB ratio in 85.2 innings, and the 25-year-old right-hander may have trouble securing a rotation spot in 2011.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 38
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)