Aug 11, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
“Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world’s first bionic pitcher. Ben Sheets will be that man.”
Unless someone spoke those words before Ben Sheets surgery yesterday, his career looks about as close to over as you can imagine. Because rather than just needing his flexor and pronator tendons, repaired it turns out that he needed Tommy John surgery too.
The recovery time was already going to be over a year. With TJ surgery added on, it has to be more. At some point, you have to wonder if that kind of time and that kind of work is going to be worth it for Sheets.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)