Aug 11, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
I’m not sure how Mets fans will feel about this, but The Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas said in a recent Rolling Stone interview he wants to write a new television theme song for the team:
My next thing is I want to write the new TV theme song for the Mets. I’m totally serious. I have some ideas, I have to see if they like it.
It couldn’t be any worse than the song Scott Stapp did for the Marlins, right?
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)