Aug 11, 2010, 11:46 AM EST
Jarrod Saltalamacchia is just 5-for-21 (.238) in five games at Triple-A since Boston acquired him from Texas on July 31, but with Kevin Cash headed to the disabled list with a hamstring injury the Red Sox are calling up Saltalamacchia for tonight’s game.
Saltalamacchia started at first base for Pawtucket last night and may not be totally over his well-documented throwing problems, so it’s unclear how much time he’ll see behind the plate in Boston.
He’s hit .251/.313/.388 through 874 plate appearances in the majors while battling various injuries and the 25-year-old switch-hitter also has a .252/.336/.449 mark in 83 games at Triple-A.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)