Aug 11, 2010, 11:46 AM EDT
Jarrod Saltalamacchia is just 5-for-21 (.238) in five games at Triple-A since Boston acquired him from Texas on July 31, but with Kevin Cash headed to the disabled list with a hamstring injury the Red Sox are calling up Saltalamacchia for tonight’s game.
Saltalamacchia started at first base for Pawtucket last night and may not be totally over his well-documented throwing problems, so it’s unclear how much time he’ll see behind the plate in Boston.
He’s hit .251/.313/.388 through 874 plate appearances in the majors while battling various injuries and the 25-year-old switch-hitter also has a .252/.336/.449 mark in 83 games at Triple-A.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (74)