The Anti-Mustache Team

Aug 11, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT

Two of my favorite baseball bloggers, The Common Man and Bill from The Daily Something, have joined forces in one blog: The Platoon Advantage.  If their previous, separate work is any guide, you’ll definitely want to check out their future, collaborative work, because both TCM and Bill know their stuff.

One of their initial posts as a duo is a fun look at The Anti-Mustache Team. That is, players who once rocked a soup strainer or a beard but . . . shouldn’t have.  With photographic goodness (badness) of course.

Congratulations on the new endeavor boys. Now a suggestion, which is near and dear to my heart: the all-time bald team.

1. The Common Man - Aug 11, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Matt Williams plays 3B

2. BC - Aug 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Maddux’s mustache is pretty cheesy. But to find the winner of the Epic Fail Mustache To End All Epic Fail Mustaches award, you need to go to NASCAR. I dare anyone to find anything cheesier.

3. aleskel - Aug 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Joe Pepitone at 1B and Dustin Pedroia at 2B (it’s coming). That’s all I’ve got.

4. Jonny5 - Aug 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I once grew a mustache and separate goatee, and yes, it was at the same time. That was until my then 7 year old son told me “Dad, you look like one of those French bad guys”. Granted it was a smack in the face, but a good one. I shaved. No need to look like a villian from the Pink panther is there? Thanks Son, for the smack of reality.

5. Simon DelMonte - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:01 PM

So what do we do with Al Hrabosky? All time great or all time terrible? Or both?
    Also, I went to that new site and was really disappointed. It thought it would be devoted to the lost art of platooning players, with several articles about the Roy White-Lou Pinella platoon of my youth.

6. doctorfunke - Aug 11, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Ripken at SS and Koskie at 3B. That completes the IF.

7. Bill@TDS - Aug 11, 2010 at 2:16 PM

The challenge for the all-bald team, of course, is those damned “base ball caps.” Really ups the research requirement.
    An all-mullet team would be interesting and comparatively easy.

Final take away from World Series