Aug 11, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Two of my favorite baseball bloggers, The Common Man and Bill from The Daily Something, have joined forces in one blog: The Platoon Advantage. If their previous, separate work is any guide, you’ll definitely want to check out their future, collaborative work, because both TCM and Bill know their stuff.
One of their initial posts as a duo is a fun look at The Anti-Mustache Team. That is, players who once rocked a soup strainer or a beard but . . . shouldn’t have. With photographic goodness (badness) of course.
Congratulations on the new endeavor boys. Now a suggestion, which is near and dear to my heart: the all-time bald team.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)