Aug 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling reports that the Nationals have a “strong organizational interest” in Carl Crawford. Which either means that they want to sign him when he becomes a free agent or else they really think he can help them sort out their messy closets.
Which is all very cute, by the way. You’ll recall that the Nationals had a strong interest in Mark Teixeira a couple of years ago and that didn’t go anywhere. I don’t suspect they have a snowflake’s chance to land Crawford either.
The success cycle: learn it, live it, love it. And understand that unless you’re at a certain point in it (i.e. the top of it), top free agents aren’t really going to all that interested.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)