Aug 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling reports that the Nationals have a “strong organizational interest” in Carl Crawford. Which either means that they want to sign him when he becomes a free agent or else they really think he can help them sort out their messy closets.
Which is all very cute, by the way. You’ll recall that the Nationals had a strong interest in Mark Teixeira a couple of years ago and that didn’t go anywhere. I don’t suspect they have a snowflake’s chance to land Crawford either.
The success cycle: learn it, live it, love it. And understand that unless you’re at a certain point in it (i.e. the top of it), top free agents aren’t really going to all that interested.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)