Aug 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling reports that the Nationals have a “strong organizational interest” in Carl Crawford. Which either means that they want to sign him when he becomes a free agent or else they really think he can help them sort out their messy closets.
Which is all very cute, by the way. You’ll recall that the Nationals had a strong interest in Mark Teixeira a couple of years ago and that didn’t go anywhere. I don’t suspect they have a snowflake’s chance to land Crawford either.
The success cycle: learn it, live it, love it. And understand that unless you’re at a certain point in it (i.e. the top of it), top free agents aren’t really going to all that interested.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)