Aug 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling reports that the Nationals have a “strong organizational interest” in Carl Crawford. Which either means that they want to sign him when he becomes a free agent or else they really think he can help them sort out their messy closets.
Which is all very cute, by the way. You’ll recall that the Nationals had a strong interest in Mark Teixeira a couple of years ago and that didn’t go anywhere. I don’t suspect they have a snowflake’s chance to land Crawford either.
The success cycle: learn it, live it, love it. And understand that unless you’re at a certain point in it (i.e. the top of it), top free agents aren’t really going to all that interested.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)