Aug 11, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s time for the quarterly owners meetings. They’re up in Minneapolis today and tomorrow. On the agenda: approval of Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan as the new Ranger’s owners, as well as some discussion about the draft, replay and pace of games. I suppose they could also try to settle the Athletics-Giants territorial dispute, but hey, that’s only been simmering for a year and a half now, so no need to rush in all willy-nilly.
After the meetings are over, the billionaires and the mere multi-hundred-millionaires among them will presumably dine on panda steaks, light cigars with blood diamonds and then go on a hunt the deadliest prey of all . . . Man.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)