Aug 11, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s time for the quarterly owners meetings. They’re up in Minneapolis today and tomorrow. On the agenda: approval of Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan as the new Ranger’s owners, as well as some discussion about the draft, replay and pace of games. I suppose they could also try to settle the Athletics-Giants territorial dispute, but hey, that’s only been simmering for a year and a half now, so no need to rush in all willy-nilly.
After the meetings are over, the billionaires and the mere multi-hundred-millionaires among them will presumably dine on panda steaks, light cigars with blood diamonds and then go on a hunt the deadliest prey of all . . . Man.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)