Aug 11, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
It’s time for the quarterly owners meetings. They’re up in Minneapolis today and tomorrow. On the agenda: approval of Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan as the new Ranger’s owners, as well as some discussion about the draft, replay and pace of games. I suppose they could also try to settle the Athletics-Giants territorial dispute, but hey, that’s only been simmering for a year and a half now, so no need to rush in all willy-nilly.
After the meetings are over, the billionaires and the mere multi-hundred-millionaires among them will presumably dine on panda steaks, light cigars with blood diamonds and then go on a hunt the deadliest prey of all . . . Man.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)