Aug 11, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
It’s time for the quarterly owners meetings. They’re up in Minneapolis today and tomorrow. On the agenda: approval of Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan as the new Ranger’s owners, as well as some discussion about the draft, replay and pace of games. I suppose they could also try to settle the Athletics-Giants territorial dispute, but hey, that’s only been simmering for a year and a half now, so no need to rush in all willy-nilly.
After the meetings are over, the billionaires and the mere multi-hundred-millionaires among them will presumably dine on panda steaks, light cigars with blood diamonds and then go on a hunt the deadliest prey of all . . . Man.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)