Aug 12, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Derrek Lee has been away from the Cubs since Tuesday to be with a sick grandparent in California, but he’s expected to rejoin the team in time for tomorrow’s game against the Cardinals.
Lee, a 34-year-old impending free agent who rejected a trade to the Angels last month, has hit just .246/.332/.383 with 12 homers in 106 games for what is the worst season of his career.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)