Aug 12, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
Derrek Lee has been away from the Cubs since Tuesday to be with a sick grandparent in California, but he’s expected to rejoin the team in time for tomorrow’s game against the Cardinals.
Lee, a 34-year-old impending free agent who rejected a trade to the Angels last month, has hit just .246/.332/.383 with 12 homers in 106 games for what is the worst season of his career.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)