Hero Boyfriend, foul ball girlfriend break up

Aug 12, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT

Our sister blog (brother blog? skeezy uncle blog?) Out of Bounds passes along some sad, sad news: the dude who let his girlfriend get smacked with the foul ball got dumped (check out Out of Bounds for the touching, touching video).

Apparently their were other issues than just the foul ball thing leading to it.  Thing like that hat he was wearing at the ballpark and his awful facial hair and stuff.

Never forget.

1. Chris Kash - Aug 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Saw them on CBS Morning Show this AM. She could definitely do better.

2. Kevin S. - Aug 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Justice.

3. The Common Man - Aug 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Terrible facial hair is an epidemic and we need to stamp it out now. I thought we learned our lesson yesterday. Will you people never learn? Am I screaming in the dark void? What’s it all about, Lord?

4. APBA Guy - Aug 12, 2010 at 1:23 PM

My girlfriend and I practiced what to do when a foul ball approaches the first time I took her to a game 12 years ago. We’re still together. She doesn’t realize my reflexes are 12 years slower. Maybe it’s why I’m more careful now about facial hair…

5. The Common Man - Aug 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Saw the Harry Smith interview this morning, why aren’t we criticizing this young lady for not catching the ball? Is she incapable? Why does her man have to catch it for her?
    I get that she was screened by this d-bag, but can we at least all agree that if that were not the case she should be self-reliant enough to either dodge or catch a baseball? What would Betty Friedan say?

6. John_Michael - Aug 12, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Bo is a man of few words. And none of them were intelligent.

7. BC - Aug 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Total pwnage!

8. Old Gator - Aug 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM

He wrote her ticket, now to hell with him. It figures. Women are all alike. They’re no damned good.

9. Utley's hair - Aug 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM

If these two can’t make it, what chance do the rest of us have?!? It’s a sad day for true love.

10. Trevor B - Aug 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM

If foul ball girl is reading this you should comment this and ask Craig to dig into the archieves to give you my email. ;-) I’ll take you to a real baseball game and won’t let the foul hit you haha.

11. Jonny5 - Aug 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM

At least she isn’t as “lucky” as Alice Roth. Richie Ashburn and fate combined can do crazy things.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate