Aug 12, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Look, I know he’s not leaving the Yankees and you know he’s not leaving the Yankees, but if I don’t link to MLBTR’s fun post about possible non-Yankees destinations for Derek Jeter, then I’m just going to post another thing about the Mets, and frankly, even I’m getting tired of that. So where — apart from the Bronx — would Jeter make the most sense?
Of all of the viable options in the piece I suppose he’d look the least out of place in a Cardinals uniform simply because it’s a classic thing, they’re a winning team and there’s a manager there who actually matches Jeter in terms of power and prestige and all of that. Maybe the Tigers. Even those two would be crazy, though. I can’t think of a player in modern memory who would look more out of place on another team than Jeter.
Which means that, while this exercise is a silly one, it’s one that illustrates just how little negotiating room Jeter and the Yankees really have this winter.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)