Aug 12, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Look, I know he’s not leaving the Yankees and you know he’s not leaving the Yankees, but if I don’t link to MLBTR’s fun post about possible non-Yankees destinations for Derek Jeter, then I’m just going to post another thing about the Mets, and frankly, even I’m getting tired of that. So where — apart from the Bronx — would Jeter make the most sense?
Of all of the viable options in the piece I suppose he’d look the least out of place in a Cardinals uniform simply because it’s a classic thing, they’re a winning team and there’s a manager there who actually matches Jeter in terms of power and prestige and all of that. Maybe the Tigers. Even those two would be crazy, though. I can’t think of a player in modern memory who would look more out of place on another team than Jeter.
Which means that, while this exercise is a silly one, it’s one that illustrates just how little negotiating room Jeter and the Yankees really have this winter.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)