Aug 12, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Look, I know he’s not leaving the Yankees and you know he’s not leaving the Yankees, but if I don’t link to MLBTR’s fun post about possible non-Yankees destinations for Derek Jeter, then I’m just going to post another thing about the Mets, and frankly, even I’m getting tired of that. So where — apart from the Bronx — would Jeter make the most sense?
Of all of the viable options in the piece I suppose he’d look the least out of place in a Cardinals uniform simply because it’s a classic thing, they’re a winning team and there’s a manager there who actually matches Jeter in terms of power and prestige and all of that. Maybe the Tigers. Even those two would be crazy, though. I can’t think of a player in modern memory who would look more out of place on another team than Jeter.
Which means that, while this exercise is a silly one, it’s one that illustrates just how little negotiating room Jeter and the Yankees really have this winter.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)