Aug 12, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Look, I know he’s not leaving the Yankees and you know he’s not leaving the Yankees, but if I don’t link to MLBTR’s fun post about possible non-Yankees destinations for Derek Jeter, then I’m just going to post another thing about the Mets, and frankly, even I’m getting tired of that. So where — apart from the Bronx — would Jeter make the most sense?
Of all of the viable options in the piece I suppose he’d look the least out of place in a Cardinals uniform simply because it’s a classic thing, they’re a winning team and there’s a manager there who actually matches Jeter in terms of power and prestige and all of that. Maybe the Tigers. Even those two would be crazy, though. I can’t think of a player in modern memory who would look more out of place on another team than Jeter.
Which means that, while this exercise is a silly one, it’s one that illustrates just how little negotiating room Jeter and the Yankees really have this winter.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)