Aug 12, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
MLB has suspended Johnny Cueto seven games for kicking Chris Carpenter and Jason LaRue during Tuesday’s benches-clearing altercation between the Cardinals and Reds.
LaRue took the worst of it, suffering a concussion and needing stitches from Cueto kicking him in the head and face with his cleats.
He’ll likely end up missing more games than Cueto, who at most could miss one start and may end up simply pushing his next outing back a day if he appeals the suspension.
Tony La Russa and Dusty Baker were also suspended two games apiece for their roles in the incident, with Carpenter, Yadier Molina, Brandon Phillips, and Russ Springer all being fined.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona