Aug 12, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
MLB has suspended Johnny Cueto seven games for kicking Chris Carpenter and Jason LaRue during Tuesday’s benches-clearing altercation between the Cardinals and Reds.
LaRue took the worst of it, suffering a concussion and needing stitches from Cueto kicking him in the head and face with his cleats.
He’ll likely end up missing more games than Cueto, who at most could miss one start and may end up simply pushing his next outing back a day if he appeals the suspension.
Tony La Russa and Dusty Baker were also suspended two games apiece for their roles in the incident, with Carpenter, Yadier Molina, Brandon Phillips, and Russ Springer all being fined.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)