Aug 12, 2010, 12:11 AM EDT
12:11 PM: Ken Davidoff of Newsday is reporting that K-Rod will be charged with third-degree assault for attacking his father-in-law. He is being held at the NYPD’s precinct inside of Citi Field.
12:06 PM: The Mets have released a statement about the ordeal, and ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin has it:
“There was an incident between Francisco Rodriguez and his family
tonight at the ballpark. He was questioned by police and all other
questions pertaining to this incident will be referred to the police
11:55 PM: The New York Post is now reporting that K-Rod “slugged” his father-in-law and was arrested for doing so. The closer was charged with assault and his father-in-law was hospitalized with “facial bruises and minor head injuries.”
11:44 PM: Reports are pouring in slowly, but we’ll try to keep you updated as they do.
According to Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News, Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez was involved in an altercation with a family member in the Family Lounge at Citi Field following Wednesday’s loss to the Rockies. K-Rod had to be removed from the lounge by security and told a reporter to “mind your own f—— business” when asked about the fracas.
Jimmy Traina of SI.com hears that the fight may have occurred between Rodriguez and his father-in-law, but that has not been confirmed.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)