Aug 12, 2010, 12:11 AM EDT
12:11 PM: Ken Davidoff of Newsday is reporting that K-Rod will be charged with third-degree assault for attacking his father-in-law. He is being held at the NYPD’s precinct inside of Citi Field.
12:06 PM: The Mets have released a statement about the ordeal, and ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin has it:
“There was an incident between Francisco Rodriguez and his family
tonight at the ballpark. He was questioned by police and all other
questions pertaining to this incident will be referred to the police
11:55 PM: The New York Post is now reporting that K-Rod “slugged” his father-in-law and was arrested for doing so. The closer was charged with assault and his father-in-law was hospitalized with “facial bruises and minor head injuries.”
11:44 PM: Reports are pouring in slowly, but we’ll try to keep you updated as they do.
According to Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News, Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez was involved in an altercation with a family member in the Family Lounge at Citi Field following Wednesday’s loss to the Rockies. K-Rod had to be removed from the lounge by security and told a reporter to “mind your own f—— business” when asked about the fracas.
Jimmy Traina of SI.com hears that the fight may have occurred between Rodriguez and his father-in-law, but that has not been confirmed.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 46
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 25
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)