Aug 12, 2010, 12:11 AM EDT
12:11 PM: Ken Davidoff of Newsday is reporting that K-Rod will be charged with third-degree assault for attacking his father-in-law. He is being held at the NYPD’s precinct inside of Citi Field.
12:06 PM: The Mets have released a statement about the ordeal, and ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin has it:
“There was an incident between Francisco Rodriguez and his family
tonight at the ballpark. He was questioned by police and all other
questions pertaining to this incident will be referred to the police
11:55 PM: The New York Post is now reporting that K-Rod “slugged” his father-in-law and was arrested for doing so. The closer was charged with assault and his father-in-law was hospitalized with “facial bruises and minor head injuries.”
11:44 PM: Reports are pouring in slowly, but we’ll try to keep you updated as they do.
According to Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News, Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez was involved in an altercation with a family member in the Family Lounge at Citi Field following Wednesday’s loss to the Rockies. K-Rod had to be removed from the lounge by security and told a reporter to “mind your own f—— business” when asked about the fracas.
Jimmy Traina of SI.com hears that the fight may have occurred between Rodriguez and his father-in-law, but that has not been confirmed.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11