Aug 12, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
For those of you wondering what may happen to Francisco Rodriguez as a result of his little dustup with the wife’s old man, the Mets are suspending him for two games and he will be subject to anger management classes.
On the legal side, I contacted his lawyer, Jay Reisinger, to ask him if he plans on pleading insanity or blaming the media or something (which, like I said, would be the best call). Sadly, all I got was a “no comment.”
Whatever happens to him legally, though, I presume it will be a misdemeanor. If the Mets follow through on their plan to start Ollie on Saturday, however, felony warrants should be issued.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)