Aug 12, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
For those of you wondering what may happen to Francisco Rodriguez as a result of his little dustup with the wife’s old man, the Mets are suspending him for two games and he will be subject to anger management classes.
On the legal side, I contacted his lawyer, Jay Reisinger, to ask him if he plans on pleading insanity or blaming the media or something (which, like I said, would be the best call). Sadly, all I got was a “no comment.”
Whatever happens to him legally, though, I presume it will be a misdemeanor. If the Mets follow through on their plan to start Ollie on Saturday, however, felony warrants should be issued.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)