Aug 12, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
Mark Prior’s latest (and perhaps last) comeback attempt is with the independent league Orange County Flyers and he struck out five straight batters while tossing two shutout innings last night.
Prior is working as a reliever and is scheduled to pitch again Saturday. So far he has six strikeouts versus one hit and two walks in three innings since signing last week.
He hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2006 and hasn’t been healthy and effective since 2005, going through multiple arm surgeries during that time. He’s still a month shy of 30 years old and it presumably won’t take many more strong outings in Orange County for Prior to get a minor-league deal from an MLB team.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)