Aug 12, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
One All-Star back, two more to go: the Phillies have activated Shane Victorino, reports Matt Gelb.
The surprising part: to make toom for Victorino, the Phils have optioned Antonio Bastardo. Many folks thought that they’d send Domonic Brown down instead.
Wait? What’s that? Sorry, folks. Just got a note from the guild. Seems I forgot to mention — as I am required to do so by law — that Shane Victorino is from Hawaii. Which he is.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)