Aug 12, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
One All-Star back, two more to go: the Phillies have activated Shane Victorino, reports Matt Gelb.
The surprising part: to make toom for Victorino, the Phils have optioned Antonio Bastardo. Many folks thought that they’d send Domonic Brown down instead.
Wait? What’s that? Sorry, folks. Just got a note from the guild. Seems I forgot to mention — as I am required to do so by law — that Shane Victorino is from Hawaii. Which he is.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)