Aug 12, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
One All-Star back, two more to go: the Phillies have activated Shane Victorino, reports Matt Gelb.
The surprising part: to make toom for Victorino, the Phils have optioned Antonio Bastardo. Many folks thought that they’d send Domonic Brown down instead.
Wait? What’s that? Sorry, folks. Just got a note from the guild. Seems I forgot to mention — as I am required to do so by law — that Shane Victorino is from Hawaii. Which he is.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)