Aug 12, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
One All-Star back, two more to go: the Phillies have activated Shane Victorino, reports Matt Gelb.
The surprising part: to make toom for Victorino, the Phils have optioned Antonio Bastardo. Many folks thought that they’d send Domonic Brown down instead.
Wait? What’s that? Sorry, folks. Just got a note from the guild. Seems I forgot to mention — as I am required to do so by law — that Shane Victorino is from Hawaii. Which he is.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)