Aug 12, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
One All-Star back, two more to go: the Phillies have activated Shane Victorino, reports Matt Gelb.
The surprising part: to make toom for Victorino, the Phils have optioned Antonio Bastardo. Many folks thought that they’d send Domonic Brown down instead.
Wait? What’s that? Sorry, folks. Just got a note from the guild. Seems I forgot to mention — as I am required to do so by law — that Shane Victorino is from Hawaii. Which he is.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 5
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (77)