Aug 12, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
This was more of a formality than the final stage of the Tour de France and your annual “the Mets are a dysfunctional mess” story, but I’ve spent so much time these past several months obsessing on it, that I may as well note that the owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Texas Rangers to Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan.
And now that we’re all loosened up with that, we can turn our attention to the real ownership mess: the Dodgers. Gentlemen, start your litigators!
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)