Aug 12, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
This was more of a formality than the final stage of the Tour de France and your annual “the Mets are a dysfunctional mess” story, but I’ve spent so much time these past several months obsessing on it, that I may as well note that the owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Texas Rangers to Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan.
And now that we’re all loosened up with that, we can turn our attention to the real ownership mess: the Dodgers. Gentlemen, start your litigators!
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)