Aug 12, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
This was more of a formality than the final stage of the Tour de France and your annual “the Mets are a dysfunctional mess” story, but I’ve spent so much time these past several months obsessing on it, that I may as well note that the owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Texas Rangers to Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan.
And now that we’re all loosened up with that, we can turn our attention to the real ownership mess: the Dodgers. Gentlemen, start your litigators!
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)