Aug 12, 2010, 9:16 AM EDT
In a move that can only be explained by Jerry Manuel having money on the Phillies to win the division, the Mets manager said that he’s thinking about starting Oliver Perez against Philly. If he forfeited it would save everyone time and money.
Not that there isn’t some logic afoot here. The Phillies will be starting Halladay, so the Mets were probably going to lose anyway. And if they do start Perez, there’s an outside chance that some Phillies hitters will have to go on the disabled list due to fatigue from running around the bases so damn much.
OK, maybe this does help my team a bit.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)