Aug 12, 2010, 9:16 AM EDT
In a move that can only be explained by Jerry Manuel having money on the Phillies to win the division, the Mets manager said that he’s thinking about starting Oliver Perez against Philly. If he forfeited it would save everyone time and money.
Not that there isn’t some logic afoot here. The Phillies will be starting Halladay, so the Mets were probably going to lose anyway. And if they do start Perez, there’s an outside chance that some Phillies hitters will have to go on the disabled list due to fatigue from running around the bases so damn much.
OK, maybe this does help my team a bit.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (156)