Aug 12, 2010, 9:16 AM EDT
In a move that can only be explained by Jerry Manuel having money on the Phillies to win the division, the Mets manager said that he’s thinking about starting Oliver Perez against Philly. If he forfeited it would save everyone time and money.
Not that there isn’t some logic afoot here. The Phillies will be starting Halladay, so the Mets were probably going to lose anyway. And if they do start Perez, there’s an outside chance that some Phillies hitters will have to go on the disabled list due to fatigue from running around the bases so damn much.
OK, maybe this does help my team a bit.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)