Aug 12, 2010, 9:16 AM EST
In a move that can only be explained by Jerry Manuel having money on the Phillies to win the division, the Mets manager said that he’s thinking about starting Oliver Perez against Philly. If he forfeited it would save everyone time and money.
Not that there isn’t some logic afoot here. The Phillies will be starting Halladay, so the Mets were probably going to lose anyway. And if they do start Perez, there’s an outside chance that some Phillies hitters will have to go on the disabled list due to fatigue from running around the bases so damn much.
OK, maybe this does help my team a bit.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)