Aug 13, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto has decided not to appeal his seven-game suspension for kicking Jason LaRue and Chris Carpenter during the benches-clearing altercation between the Cardinals and Reds on Tuesday.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Cueto will begin serving the suspension immediately, which means he’ll miss Sunday’s scheduled start against the Marlins. Homer Bailey is expected to come off the disabled list to fill in.
Cueto will be eligible to pitch again on August 20.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)