Aug 13, 2010, 5:06 PM EST
Johnny Cueto has decided not to appeal his seven-game suspension for kicking Jason LaRue and Chris Carpenter during the benches-clearing altercation between the Cardinals and Reds on Tuesday.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Cueto will begin serving the suspension immediately, which means he’ll miss Sunday’s scheduled start against the Marlins. Homer Bailey is expected to come off the disabled list to fill in.
Cueto will be eligible to pitch again on August 20.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 27
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)