Aug 13, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto has decided not to appeal his seven-game suspension for kicking Jason LaRue and Chris Carpenter during the benches-clearing altercation between the Cardinals and Reds on Tuesday.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Cueto will begin serving the suspension immediately, which means he’ll miss Sunday’s scheduled start against the Marlins. Homer Bailey is expected to come off the disabled list to fill in.
Cueto will be eligible to pitch again on August 20.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 107
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)