Aug 13, 2010, 9:02 PM EDT
Not exactly what you want to hear if you are Braves fan. According to felt pain in his broken right pinky finger when he took batting practice indoors Friday.
“The vibration is bothering me,” Prado said. “It stings a little bit.”
“They told me it won’t be easy,” Prado said. “It’s not going to go away.
I’m just trying to get all my strength back. A little bit of pain won’t
be a problem.”
Prado is eligible to return from the disabled list on Sunday, however Braves manager Bobby Cox doesn’t think his All-Star second baseman will be ready that quickly. For now, Prado will see how his finger responds on Saturday. The good news is that hasn’t had any issues fielding ground balls or soft-tossing thus far.
“I wish I could tell you how long it’s going to take,” Prado said. “I’m going to do as much as I can to get back.”
Prado was batting .315/.357/.484 with 13 homers and 43 RBI before going on the disabled list on July 31.
The Braves haven’t vocalized a clear plan on a replacement at third base now that Chipper Jones is lost for the season and Prado’s recovery likely plays a part in that. The ideal scenario would be to keep Omar Infante at second base and move Prado over to third, but it won’t be realistic if he doesn’t feel comfortable making long throws across the diamond.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)