Aug 13, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
Rocco Baldelli will continue his unlikely comeback with Triple-A Durham, according to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times.
Baldelli was hired as a special assistant minor league coach with the Rays this season, however he decided to continue his playing career last month. The 28-year-old batted .283/.298/.370 with four doubles and six RBI in 12 games with High-A Charlotte. He was 3-for-4 with a walk on Thursday, playing in back-to-back games for the first time.
Baldelli batted a meager .253/.311/.433 with seven homers, 23 RBI and a 744 OPS in 150 at-bats with the Red Sox last season, so expectations aren’t particularly high for him at this point, but there’s a chance he could be promoted when rosters expand in September.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)