Aug 13, 2010, 9:47 AM EST
Now that the Rangers sale is finally complete, longtime owner Tom Hicks issued the following statement saying, more or less, goodbye:
Obviously, this is a bittersweet moment for our family because these past 12 years with the Rangers have produced a remarkable experience for all of us. I sincerely think the two major turning points in this franchise involved naming Jon Daniels general manager and Nolan Ryan becoming club president.
Chuck Greenberg and Nolan take control of a club that is well-positioned to compete, not only this year but for many years to come. There is much that we will miss; however, this sale has produced an outcome that is positive for the Texas Rangers, Major League Baseball and even for the lenders.
Most importantly, a strong leadership team will be in place to help guide the franchise to the next level. I look forward to joining all the other Rangers fans that cheer for this team to have success come October.
Something tells me if Hicks actually joins “all the other Rangers fans” in October he won’t be hearing a whole lot of cheering in his section.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 94
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 32
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)