Aug 14, 2010, 10:49 PM EDT
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz was lifted from Saturday’s game against the Red Sox with tightness in his left hamstring.
Hamstring injuries are never good — minor or not — but it’s even worse when Cruz is the man ailing. He’s already spent two extended stints on the disabled list this season with hamstring troubles and could need another trip if a strain is revealed when he is reexamined on Sunday morning.
Cruz has been a monster at the plate this season when healthy and currently boasts a .320/.381/.587 batting line, 16 homers and 64 RBI. But he’s tallied just 287 at-bats while most other regulars are nearing 450. With Vladimir Guerrero also struggling at the dish, the Rangers may have to whether a serious storm in the remaining weeks of August.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game, as they’re announced… 1
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)