Aug 14, 2010, 3:02 PM EST
Just yesterday, we learned that Jose Canseco was evicted from his apartment. Forced to seek refuge in a friend’s garage, the former baseball player/current exhibition boxer claimed that he would “play softball for food.”
I’m not sure who the Laredo Broncos are, exactly, but they have signed Canseco to a short-term contract, according to the Associated Press. It’s not quite softball, but it’s pretty darn close.
Canseco will serve as bench coach and designated hitter during two of the Broncos’ upcoming homestands beginning Monday. I’m sure the shadow government that really runs major league baseball will find a way to ruin this promising opportunity for him.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)