Aug 14, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Just yesterday, we learned that Jose Canseco was evicted from his apartment. Forced to seek refuge in a friend’s garage, the former baseball player/current exhibition boxer claimed that he would “play softball for food.”
I’m not sure who the Laredo Broncos are, exactly, but they have signed Canseco to a short-term contract, according to the Associated Press. It’s not quite softball, but it’s pretty darn close.
Canseco will serve as bench coach and designated hitter during two of the Broncos’ upcoming homestands beginning Monday. I’m sure the shadow government that really runs major league baseball will find a way to ruin this promising opportunity for him.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)