Aug 14, 2010, 7:48 PM EDT
As first reported by Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Rangers have placed infielder Cristian Guzman on the 15-day disabled list with a strain of his right quadriceps muscle.
Guzman had missed a couple of consecutive games this week due to the injury and showed little improvement when he arrived at the ballpark on Saturday afternoon. Pedro Strop has been recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City and will provide depth in the Rangers’ bullpen until the club sorts out its infield depth.
The Rangers acquired Guzman from the Nationals at the trade deadline for two minor league right-handers. He was hitting .282/.327/.361 with two home runs and 25 RBI for the Nats but has hit just .088 with a .139 on-base percentage in 34 at-bats in Texas.
Strop, 25, has a 2.11 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 50 strikeouts in 38.1 innings of relief this season up at Triple-A Oklahoma City. He’s made four big league appearances so far in 2010.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)