Aug 14, 2010, 7:48 PM EDT
As first reported by Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Rangers have placed infielder Cristian Guzman on the 15-day disabled list with a strain of his right quadriceps muscle.
Guzman had missed a couple of consecutive games this week due to the injury and showed little improvement when he arrived at the ballpark on Saturday afternoon. Pedro Strop has been recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City and will provide depth in the Rangers’ bullpen until the club sorts out its infield depth.
The Rangers acquired Guzman from the Nationals at the trade deadline for two minor league right-handers. He was hitting .282/.327/.361 with two home runs and 25 RBI for the Nats but has hit just .088 with a .139 on-base percentage in 34 at-bats in Texas.
Strop, 25, has a 2.11 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 50 strikeouts in 38.1 innings of relief this season up at Triple-A Oklahoma City. He’s made four big league appearances so far in 2010.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)