Aug 14, 2010, 1:22 PM EDT
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside the Rockies, Jeff Francis is headed to the disabled list with tendinitis in his left shoulder.
Francis missed the entire 2009 season due to shoulder surgery and didn’t make his debut this season until May 16. The 29-year-old southpaw is 4-4 with a 4.56 ERA through 16 starts so far this year. He was very solid to begin the season, posting a 3.53 ERA over his first eight starts, however he has struggled to a 5.83 ERA over his last eight.
According to Ringolsby, Eric Young Jr. will take his roster spot initially, but Jhoulys Chacin is expected to take his place in the starting rotation against the Dodgers on Tuesday.
Chacin was sent back down to Triple-A Colorado Springs shortly after Jorge De La Rosa returned from the disabled list last month. The 22-year-old left-hander has a 3.64 ERA in 12 starts with the Rockies this season, averaging 9.3 K/9. You hate to see it happen under these circumstances, but Chacin didn’t deserve to go to the minors in the first place.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)