Aug 15, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, designated hitter Travis Hafner has been activated from the disabled list.
Hafner was placed on the 15-day disabled list on July 29 with yet another case of soreness and discomfort in his shoulder. It’s kind of shocking, given the big man’s history of shoulder problems, that he was able to return within three weeks. Look for him to be inserted in the Tribe’s starting lineup immediately.
The 33-year-old Hafner is batting .267 with a disappointing .798 OPS, nine home runs and 33 RBI in 270 at-bats this season. But he’s owed $13 million in 2011 and the same amount in 2012, so the Indians are probably stuck with him.
Outfielder Jordan Brown was optioned back to Triple-A Columbus in a corresponding move.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)