Aug 15, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, designated hitter Travis Hafner has been activated from the disabled list.
Hafner was placed on the 15-day disabled list on July 29 with yet another case of soreness and discomfort in his shoulder. It’s kind of shocking, given the big man’s history of shoulder problems, that he was able to return within three weeks. Look for him to be inserted in the Tribe’s starting lineup immediately.
The 33-year-old Hafner is batting .267 with a disappointing .798 OPS, nine home runs and 33 RBI in 270 at-bats this season. But he’s owed $13 million in 2011 and the same amount in 2012, so the Indians are probably stuck with him.
Outfielder Jordan Brown was optioned back to Triple-A Columbus in a corresponding move.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)