Aug 15, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, designated hitter Travis Hafner has been activated from the disabled list.
Hafner was placed on the 15-day disabled list on July 29 with yet another case of soreness and discomfort in his shoulder. It’s kind of shocking, given the big man’s history of shoulder problems, that he was able to return within three weeks. Look for him to be inserted in the Tribe’s starting lineup immediately.
The 33-year-old Hafner is batting .267 with a disappointing .798 OPS, nine home runs and 33 RBI in 270 at-bats this season. But he’s owed $13 million in 2011 and the same amount in 2012, so the Indians are probably stuck with him.
Outfielder Jordan Brown was optioned back to Triple-A Columbus in a corresponding move.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)