Aug 15, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, designated hitter Travis Hafner has been activated from the disabled list.
Hafner was placed on the 15-day disabled list on July 29 with yet another case of soreness and discomfort in his shoulder. It’s kind of shocking, given the big man’s history of shoulder problems, that he was able to return within three weeks. Look for him to be inserted in the Tribe’s starting lineup immediately.
The 33-year-old Hafner is batting .267 with a disappointing .798 OPS, nine home runs and 33 RBI in 270 at-bats this season. But he’s owed $13 million in 2011 and the same amount in 2012, so the Indians are probably stuck with him.
Outfielder Jordan Brown was optioned back to Triple-A Columbus in a corresponding move.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)