Aug 15, 2010, 12:42 PM EST
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, designated hitter Travis Hafner has been activated from the disabled list.
Hafner was placed on the 15-day disabled list on July 29 with yet another case of soreness and discomfort in his shoulder. It’s kind of shocking, given the big man’s history of shoulder problems, that he was able to return within three weeks. Look for him to be inserted in the Tribe’s starting lineup immediately.
The 33-year-old Hafner is batting .267 with a disappointing .798 OPS, nine home runs and 33 RBI in 270 at-bats this season. But he’s owed $13 million in 2011 and the same amount in 2012, so the Indians are probably stuck with him.
Outfielder Jordan Brown was optioned back to Triple-A Columbus in a corresponding move.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)