Aug 16, 2010, 2:34 PM EDT
I don’t put a ton of stock in Jim Bowden: newsbreaker, but the guy still knows people with the Nats, so I’ll put some amount of stock in his latest report that the Nationals and Harper are “making progress” on a deal and should have things wrapped up before the midnight deadline. Bowden says it’s around a $10 million package.
I figure it would take more than that, but less than Strasburg’s $15 million, but I’m a bit out of my depth when it comes to amateur signing season so who knows?
The fact that Harper will sign before the midnight deadline, however, seems like a total no-brainer. Kid didn’t leave high school early in order to spend two years in college, that’s for sure.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)