Aug 16, 2010, 7:10 PM EST
Jason Isringhausen, who signed a minor league deal with the Reds last month after taking the first half of the season off, was placed on Triple-A Louisville’s DL Monday with a strained elbow.
It could mark the end of Isringhausen’s comeback, given that the Reds weren’t anywhere near calling him up. He had allowed seven runs — six earned — and walked seven over 5 2/3 innings for Louisville.
Isringhausen was trying to return after missing most of 2009 with elbow woes. He pitched just eight innings for the Rays last year, the last coming on June 13.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)