Aug 16, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Jason Isringhausen, who signed a minor league deal with the Reds last month after taking the first half of the season off, was placed on Triple-A Louisville’s DL Monday with a strained elbow.
It could mark the end of Isringhausen’s comeback, given that the Reds weren’t anywhere near calling him up. He had allowed seven runs — six earned — and walked seven over 5 2/3 innings for Louisville.
Isringhausen was trying to return after missing most of 2009 with elbow woes. He pitched just eight innings for the Rays last year, the last coming on June 13.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit