Aug 16, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Jason Isringhausen, who signed a minor league deal with the Reds last month after taking the first half of the season off, was placed on Triple-A Louisville’s DL Monday with a strained elbow.
It could mark the end of Isringhausen’s comeback, given that the Reds weren’t anywhere near calling him up. He had allowed seven runs — six earned — and walked seven over 5 2/3 innings for Louisville.
Isringhausen was trying to return after missing most of 2009 with elbow woes. He pitched just eight innings for the Rays last year, the last coming on June 13.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (67)