Aug 16, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Jason Isringhausen, who signed a minor league deal with the Reds last month after taking the first half of the season off, was placed on Triple-A Louisville’s DL Monday with a strained elbow.
It could mark the end of Isringhausen’s comeback, given that the Reds weren’t anywhere near calling him up. He had allowed seven runs — six earned — and walked seven over 5 2/3 innings for Louisville.
Isringhausen was trying to return after missing most of 2009 with elbow woes. He pitched just eight innings for the Rays last year, the last coming on June 13.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17