Aug 16, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Jason Isringhausen, who signed a minor league deal with the Reds last month after taking the first half of the season off, was placed on Triple-A Louisville’s DL Monday with a strained elbow.
It could mark the end of Isringhausen’s comeback, given that the Reds weren’t anywhere near calling him up. He had allowed seven runs — six earned — and walked seven over 5 2/3 innings for Louisville.
Isringhausen was trying to return after missing most of 2009 with elbow woes. He pitched just eight innings for the Rays last year, the last coming on June 13.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 11
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 96
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (96)