Aug 16, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Nelson Cruz is on the disabled list for the third time this season because of hamstring issues. He already had a right hamstring strain and a left hamstring strain. This one is a left, so he’ll probably need to pull that right one again in order to balance things out.
Cruz is hitting .320 with 16 home runs and 64 RBIs in 77 games. With an 8.5 game lead the Rangers should take their sweet time bringing him back.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 10
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)