Aug 16, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz is on the disabled list for the third time this season because of hamstring issues. He already had a right hamstring strain and a left hamstring strain. This one is a left, so he’ll probably need to pull that right one again in order to balance things out.
Cruz is hitting .320 with 16 home runs and 64 RBIs in 77 games. With an 8.5 game lead the Rangers should take their sweet time bringing him back.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)