Aug 16, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz is on the disabled list for the third time this season because of hamstring issues. He already had a right hamstring strain and a left hamstring strain. This one is a left, so he’ll probably need to pull that right one again in order to balance things out.
Cruz is hitting .320 with 16 home runs and 64 RBIs in 77 games. With an 8.5 game lead the Rangers should take their sweet time bringing him back.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 7
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)