Aug 16, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz is on the disabled list for the third time this season because of hamstring issues. He already had a right hamstring strain and a left hamstring strain. This one is a left, so he’ll probably need to pull that right one again in order to balance things out.
Cruz is hitting .320 with 16 home runs and 64 RBIs in 77 games. With an 8.5 game lead the Rangers should take their sweet time bringing him back.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)