Aug 16, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Something about this makes me smile: Orlando Cabrera is on the DL, so yesterday he put on the “BB” uniform and played bat boy during the Reds-Marlins game. Wore the helmet and everything. The only downside is that he quit after the fifth inning.
This is not unprecedented in Reds history, of course. Marge Schott used to make Chris Sabo serve as batboy for every game between 1988 and 1991. And not just when he was on the DL. It was Marge’s way of saving the $75 she would have had to pay a real bat boy. True story.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)