Aug 16, 2010, 5:04 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Braves may be interested in Rockies’ second baseman Clint Barmes and could either claim him or trade for him if Colorado places him on waivers.
Which kind of makes no sense to me. The thinking would be that Barmes would play second, allowing Martin Prado to cover third base now that Chipper Jones is out. Nowhere in Rosenthal’s reports is it mentioned that Omar Infante is better than Barmes and should be keep getting penciled into the lineup unless and until he stops hitting and, once he stops hitting, should be penciled into the lineup to see if he starts hitting again. And if he falters, the Braves should give more time to Brooks Conrad.
No, neither Infante nor Conrad are super heroes. But they’re certainly better than Clint Barmes. And really: the Braves have more pressing problems.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 28
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)