Aug 16, 2010, 5:04 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Braves may be interested in Rockies’ second baseman Clint Barmes and could either claim him or trade for him if Colorado places him on waivers.
Which kind of makes no sense to me. The thinking would be that Barmes would play second, allowing Martin Prado to cover third base now that Chipper Jones is out. Nowhere in Rosenthal’s reports is it mentioned that Omar Infante is better than Barmes and should be keep getting penciled into the lineup unless and until he stops hitting and, once he stops hitting, should be penciled into the lineup to see if he starts hitting again. And if he falters, the Braves should give more time to Brooks Conrad.
No, neither Infante nor Conrad are super heroes. But they’re certainly better than Clint Barmes. And really: the Braves have more pressing problems.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)