Aug 16, 2010, 5:04 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Braves may be interested in Rockies’ second baseman Clint Barmes and could either claim him or trade for him if Colorado places him on waivers.
Which kind of makes no sense to me. The thinking would be that Barmes would play second, allowing Martin Prado to cover third base now that Chipper Jones is out. Nowhere in Rosenthal’s reports is it mentioned that Omar Infante is better than Barmes and should be keep getting penciled into the lineup unless and until he stops hitting and, once he stops hitting, should be penciled into the lineup to see if he starts hitting again. And if he falters, the Braves should give more time to Brooks Conrad.
No, neither Infante nor Conrad are super heroes. But they’re certainly better than Clint Barmes. And really: the Braves have more pressing problems.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)